Friday, July 11, 2014

Who is the inspiration for your workout?

Many of us are told to work out for ourselves, that working out is a great gift to give oneself.  And it is. Don't get me wrong.  But today as I was doing sit-ups I thought of my cousin who just lost her dad.  And then those sit-ups got faster and my whole mindset got more intense with each exercise.  Try dedicating a workout to someone.  It may give you surprising inspiration to go harder, faster, and with more intention.

Today's Workout
Three rounds of: 

  • 25 goblet squats (use a kettle bell, medicine ball, or weight clasped under your chin in both hands)
  • 25 kettle bell swings
  • 20 back lunges w/ shoulder presses (press up weights overhead w/ each back lunge movement)
Three rounds of:
  • 25 chest presses (lay on back w/ weights and press up...keep your legs straight at a 45 degree angle for more intensity)
  • 20 plank rows (hold a plank w/ hands on weights, rowing weight up towards armpit, alternating sides...keep those hips even!)
  • 20 medicine ball slams
Three rounds of:
  • 25 sit-ups
  • 25 bicycles
  • 45 sec plank
I added 20 burpees after the 2nd group of exercises.  I'm starting a 20 burpees for 20 days challenge.




No comments:

Post a Comment