Tuesday, July 15, 2014

It's a Good Sweaty One

I like a good sweat.  The drips off of my face make me feel like I'm really accomplishing some good calorie burning and detoxing.  A lot of times our dry climate makes that good sweat hard.  Not today's HIIT workout.  HIIT stands for High Intensity Interval Training.  Short bursts of heart pumping, high intensity exercise followed by less intense exercises or rest.  My heart pumping drills included sprinting the hill next to the park and burpees.  Using sprints followed by strength exercises increases my stamina  quickly, helping me be able to run that 10k.

HIIT Workout
Complete four rounds of:

  • hill sprint (substitute jump rope, flat sprint, or stairs here)
  • active rest (jog) around the block
  • 12 incline pull-ups
  • 12 burpees (day 5 of challenge)
  • 1 minute walking lunges
  • 1 minute side plank dips (30 sec each side)




No comments:

Post a Comment