Saturday, July 12, 2014

Get Your Climb On

I have a challenge hill.  I like to visit it about every two weeks and see how far I get in my set time.  Today we started off in a cool breeze, relishing the fresh smell of rain on wildflowers and earth.  When you find your hill, start off at a slow pace, walking or running.  The goal is to keep yourself in "granny gear" so that your breath is nice and easy the entire time.  When you get to a bit of a flat stretch surge ahead and push yourself to go a little faster.  Set a time for climbing and then turn around.  Your sense of accomplishment will be tremendous.

Challenge Hill:  Forest Road 940 up to the Little Flattops

  • 45 minute climb
  • 30 minute descent
  • 20 burpees (day two of my challenge)
So go scouting and find your challenge hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment